Your use of this site: privacy statement, access terms and conditions and licence agreement
This website, powerfulwomen.org.uk (hereafter referred to as 'the Site'), and any sub domains of the Site, is hosted by CrowdSkills LTD on behalf of POWERful Women.
2. Access terms and conditions
3. Licence agreement
POWERful Women and CrowdSkills LTD do not make use of a visitor's IP address, or other session information that is automatically captured by the web server, for any purpose other than system administration and to provide statistics that are used to evaluate the use of the site.
'Cookies' are used on this Site to collect information about visits to the site. It uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets cookies in order to evaluate your use of the website and compile reports for us on activity on the site. We have also implemented Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising (Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting).
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using the website, you consent o the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
How to reject or delete this cookie:
Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ad Settings tool. As an added privacy measure, you can use Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Use of this site does not require a visitor to disclose personal information unless they choose to register with the Site. Individual registration is required to:
• gain access to members only content
• gain access to restricted areas of the site
Personal information, including email addresses will not be shared with or provided to third parties, except for the performance of financial transactions, for fulfilment requirements (as outlined here), or where the law requires it.
This privacy statement does not cover the privacy practices of other websites, to which there may be links from this Site.
(Return to top of page)
Access to, and use of the Site, are subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Your use of the Site signifies your agreement to the terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions carefully. If you do not agree to them, please do not use the Site.
• The information held on the Site is for general information purposes only.
• Whilst POWERful Women and its contributors have applied reasonable care in the selection of content housed on the Site, no representations or warrantees express or implied, are made by POWERful Women concerning the applicability, suitability, accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein.
• POWERful Women accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the use of this information.
• The materials and information are supplied to you on the condition that you or any other person receiving them will make their own determination as to their suitability and appropriateness for any proposed purpose prior to their use.
• Neither POWERful Women nor any of the contributors shall be liable in any way for any liability loss, cost or damage incurred as a result of the use of the information contained herein.
Addition of new content
• In applying reasonable care in the selection of content housed herein, POWERful Women reserves the right to remove or reject content that is deemed to be inconsistent with POWERful Women's stated strategic aims, core values and commitments.
• POWERful Women selects and includes reference to information created and held on third party websites, in order to provide descriptions of and links to the source of that content.
• POWERful Women goes to all reasonable efforts to contact original sources of content in order to gain permission to attach the pdf or similar files to Energy Matrix records.
Ownership of content
• In creating an archive of energy knowledge and information, POWERful Women seeks to provide access to a wide range of data and sources. In so doing, POWERful Women is explicit in attributing ownership of content, which is stated in individual records.
• Where applicable, POWERful Women provides links to external content. These links are provided for a number of reasons, including:
- For further information or other key source material
- For background information
- For useful practical information
- For further informed comment
• External websites are not under the editorial control of POWERful Women and POWERful Women takes no responsibility whatsoever for the contents. This is because:
- POWERful Women do not produce them or maintain/update them
- POWERful Women cannot change them
- They can be changed without POWERful Women's knowledge or agreement.
- Links to external websites should not be seen as an endorsement of the website or the products or services offered by the owner of the website.
Representations and warranties
No representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, of merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose or use, or any other nature whatsoever are made with respect to the materials and information contained on the Site or on any site connected to or from it. Where a product or service provided by or through POWERful Women is referred to in these materials or information, any such representations or warranties, whether expressed or implied, are specifically excluded. Where the Site provides you with a facility for subscribing to or purchasing any product or service provided by POWERful Women or its affiliates, additional terms and conditions of contract may apply; you should read the appropriate order or registration form carefully.
All materials and information contained on the Site, except where specifically stated otherwise, together with all other elements created for the Site are the property of POWERful Women and are governed by copyright and other applicable intellectual property laws at the time they are made available on the Site. Copies of documents contained on the Site may only be made available for information purposes and solely for the private use of the Site user. Any use or reproduction of such documents for any other purpose whatsoever is expressly forbidden without the written permission of POWERful Women. No licence or right, other than the right to view on the Site, is granted to any person in respect of any intellectual property rights. Visitors accessing restricted files (i.e. documents available as part of a subscription or purchased from the Site) must also agree to the Licence Agreement for such content.
The corporate name, logos and devices of POWERful Women mentioned or depicted on the Site are the property of POWERful Women and may not be used without the prior written agreement of POWERful Women.
Revision of Terms
Your use of the Site and all matters relating to the interpretation and operation of these terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of your use of the Site.
(Return to top of page)
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ.
This Licence agreement explicitly covers the supply of and access to electronic content provided through restricted access (including PDF documents, movie files and all other media) and the supply of hard copy, specifically where purchase of content is made; or subscription access (whether individual or corporate subscriptions) is provided but excepts in instances where this Licence is superseded by the Licences governing access to third party content.
Product Description. This Site contains (1) fully searchable HTML text, titles, scopes and key words and (2) the full text for documents, generally supplied in PDF format, that are published by POWERful Women. Additional file formats may also be included as part of the product. This includes, but is not limited to, MP3, MP4, JPEG, TIFF, EPS, MS Excel, MS Word, and Macromedia Flash files. This database and any documents or software used within the Site are hereinafter collectively referred to as the Product. Users should note that some parts of the Product may be owned by third parties and as such is governed by Licences provided by those third parties.
Licence and Rights for Print Copies. You acknowledge that the EI is the exclusive owner of the Product. The EI, in return for a fee, hereby grants you a non-exclusive and non-transferable single user licence to use the Product on a single computer station. The Product may not be transmitted or networked to other work stations. The Product fee includes a limited site licence to print a single copy of content accessed for personal use only. Such print copies may only be made using a printer that is a part of and driven by the single computer station referred to above. The Product may not be distributed, in whole or in part, elsewhere. Photocopying of pages printed from EI documents is especially forbidden unless such privileges are arranged for under separate contract with the EI. Users should note that some parts of the Product may be owned by third parties and as such is governed by Licences provided by those third parties. The EI will endeavour to ensure that you are made aware of any instance where this may occur.
Copyright: Restrictions on Use and Transfer. Any database systems and software comprised on this Site may be copyrighted. You agree to comply with any software licence, copyright and other proprietary notices that appear on or in any software packages utilised for the Product. YOU MAY NOT USE, COPY, MODIFY, DECOMPILE, DISASSEMBLE, REVERSE ENGINEER, MERGE, OR TRANSFER THE DATABASE, INDIVIDUAL FILES OR THE SOFTWARE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT. Neither the content nor the software may be distributed to others or transferred electronically from one computer to another over a network or used on any multi-terminal computer system. IF YOU TRANSFER POSSESSION OF ANY COPY, MODIFICATION, OR MERGED PORTION OF THE PRODUCT OR THE SOFTWARE TO ANOTHER PARTY, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION, THIS LICENCE IS AUTOMATICALLY TERMINATED.
Title. The EI retains title to all items supplied under this Product (excepting third party content).
Maintenance Service. In the event that any part of the Product is defective, the EI will make all reasonable efforts rectify the problem. The EI will also make all reasonable efforts to respond to customer inquiries.
No Warranties. The EI makes no warranties that your use of the products and materials on the Site will be error-free or successful. THE EI MAKES, AND YOU RECEIVE, NO WARRANTY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THERE ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE EI SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ITS OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. You agree that the EI's liability is limited as set forth below in the 'Limitation of Liability' paragraph.
Limitation of Liability. You assume sole responsibility for all use of the product and agree to indemnify and hold the EI harmless from any liability or claim of any person arising from such use. The EI shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, the use of the product. The EI's liability, if any, shall be limited to the paid purchase fee for the product that gave rise to the purchaser's claim. In no event shall the EI have any liability for lost profits or for any other indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages.
General. This licence shall be governed by and construed in all respects and in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and you and the EI submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales. This Agreement may be modified or supplemented only by a written document signed by the EI and you. Questions or correspondence concerning this Agreement may be directed to:EIKS Department
61 New Cavendish Street
Force Majeure. POWERful Women shall not be liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting from any cause beyond their reasonable control, including without limitation, war, strikes, civil disturbances, and acts of God.